Explore our range of Kitten Carriers from OlliePets. Great for Travel and Transport!
How to travel with your cat safely
Most cats love spending time at home or exploring the local area, but don’t typically enjoying travelling very much.
However, there will be times that you need to move your cat from place to place, whether you’re moving home, are going away on holiday, or if you’re taking them in the car to the vets.
Here, you’ll find plenty of tips on how to reduce your cat’s stress during travel.
Preparing to travel with a cat
If you are going to be travelling with your cat in the car, there are a few things you’ll need to make sure you have before your journey:
- Cat carrier
- Pheromone spray
- A familiar blanket or toy
- Paper towels and disinfectant (just in case!)
Tips for travelling with a cat
- Don’t feed your cat in the few hours before your journey
- Place your cat carrier somewhere secure so it won’t move if you need to break suddenly
- Put a waterproof sheet underneath the carrier in-case of accidents
- Carry paper towels
- Cover wire cat carriers with a blanket or towel to help your cat feel safe
- Ensure the cat carrier is not too warm or too cold
When you’re travelling with any pet, the key is to be prepared and to make sure you’ve considered their comfort and safety above all else.